BVASD Procedures for Emergency Flexible Instruction Days
PDE has accepted our application to implement, if needed, 5 Flexible Instruction Days (FID). Contained below are the guidelines for which we will operate, if the need for calling a FID day should occur.
There are 2 possible types of FID Days:
- A Full FID Day
- A 2 Hour Delay FID Day
Full FID Day:
- Instruction will be offered in a synchronous format using Google Classroom and Google Meets. (Students have all been instructed on how to access their teachers' Google Classroom.)
- Teachers will take attendance as normal for each period.
- Staff will take and post Attendance each period, and students who do not login to their 1st period class by 8:18am will be marked absent.
- Students who are marked absent, due to internet or technology issues, will have an opportunity to rectify the absence with the individual teachers. In order for an absence to be rectified the student must:
- Submit all work for the course asynchronously, by the end of the next in person school day.
- Submit a FID Asynchronous Attendance Form to the individual course teachers. (This form will be found on teacher's Google page.)
- Secondary teachers and students will follow their daily bell schedule. Elementary students and staff will follow their posted building schedule. (Linked below)
- Teachers will check and respond to emails appropriately during the school day.
- Teachers may also utilize the Cisco Jabber phone system if in-person communication is needed to solve or address a learning barrier with a student.
- Content to be used for the day will be posted to the teacher’s Google Classroom no later than 10 minutes prior to the first scheduled class of the day.
- No formal assignments or assessments will be given on a FID day.
2 Hour Delay FID Day:
- Should a FID day be necessary after an initial 2 hour delay, then students and staff will work asynchronously. Students are responsible for completing assignments posted in the Google Classroom as assigned by each teacher.
- All staff will make themselves available for academic support from 10:15 - 11:15 AM and 1:15 - 2:15 PM via an open Google Meet.
High School Schedules: